Vision, Mission and Values
In 2013-2014, RGC published its new 3-year strategic plan in which we renewed our vision, mission and values.
A world free of problem gambling.
To prevent problem gambling and
reduce its impacts.
We accomplish our mission by focusing on:
- Empowering those who choose to gamble to make informed and sensible choices.
- Influencing decision makers — policy makers, gaming providers and others — to integrate best practices into
gambling products and safeguards.
- Raising public awareness to generate understanding and support for problem gambling prevention.
- Build awareness and understanding of the risks associated with and the strategies to prevent problem gambling.
- Identify and share best prevention practices.
- Establish standards and provide accreditation.
- Bring people together to promote dialogue and find common ground.
- Help connect those with gambling problems to community supports.
Our core values
Excellence — striving to meet the highest standards of professionalism and delivering on our commitment to
provide the best possible expertise, programs, products and other initiatives.
- Integrity — being true to our vision, honest and forthright, respectful of others, and responsible/accountable
for all that we do.
- Independence — being impartial and focused on best evidence and objective analysis, operating free from the
undue influence of the gaming industry and others — while operating in a collegial, collaborative, inclusive manner.
- Ingenuity — being inventive and resourceful, curious and inquisitive by nature.