Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Responsible Gambling Council (RGC) is committed to providing its programs and services for persons with disabilities in a manner that recognizes the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with the various assistive devices that may be used by persons with disabilities who may access our services.
We will communicate with persons with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Service Animals and Support Persons
We welcome persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal in our offices.
We welcome persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter RGC’s offices with his or her support person. Fees will not be charged for support persons. Consent from the person with a disability is required when communicating private issues related to the person with a disability, in the presence of the support person.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected service disruption to services usually used by persons with disabilities, RGC will post a notice with the following information: reason for the disruption, the anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at the effected location(s) and on the RGC website.
Training for Staff
We will provide training to all employees who deal with the public, and the organization will require verification of training from third parties who deal with the public on our behalf. All RGC staff will be trained on the Customer Service Standard. Training will be provided to all new employees as part of orientation, within three months after hiring, and on a continual basis as required.
Training will include the following:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use equipment or devices, that may help with providing services to people with disabilities
- What to do if the person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing the service or information provided by RGC
- RGC’s policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard
As an organization, we welcome feedback that is positive or offers ways to improve our interaction with persons with disabilities. Feedback can be made by email, verbally, or by fax. We will reply to all feedback within 30 days.
Feedback should be directed to Robin Wilner, Manager, Administration & Human Resources at:
Responsible Gambling Council
411 Richmond Street East, Suite 205
Toronto, ON M5A 3S5
Any policy of RGC that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disability will be modified.
The following documents about RGC's integrated accessibility standards are also available for download: